Oil refinery in Ivano-Frankivsk region
Naftokhimik Prykarpattia was built in 1897. It is one of the oldest oil refineries in Ukraine.
PJSC Naftokhimik Prykarpattia is one of the six oil refineries in Ukraine, and the only one that works with Ukrainian raw materials. Its capacity, as of 2005, was about 2.6 million tons of crude oil per year.
In the early 80's, the company was well equipped and automated. Naftokhimik Prykarpattia produced more than 20 types of petroleum products and petrochemical products.
After Ukraine became independent, the oil refinery became an open joint stock company. In 1995, the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine approved the decision to privatize the enterprise, and in August 1997, Naftokhimik Prykarpattia was included in the list of enterprises of strategic importance for the economy and security of Ukraine.
In October 2008, the company completed the reconstruction of the primary oil refining plant, which increased the company's refining capacity. However, due to the economic crisis, the company stopped.
More than 70% of the shares are owned by the owners of the Privat group.