On his FB page, Oleksandr Tkachenko, ex-CEO of Ihor Kolomoisky’s 1+1 TV-channel, is promising to build a subway to Troyeshchyna and to allocate more funds from the personal income tax to the capital city.
Thus, on October 17, Oleksandr Tkachenko first stated that Kyiv should build a subway from Kyiv-Pasazhyrskyi Railway Station to Troyeshchyna via the Darnytskyi Bridge and further to the north. In his opinion, using the high-speed tram transit line would suffice.
Subsequently, on October 19, Tkachenko said he had registered a bill to amend the distribution of personal income taxes between the State Budget and the budget of the capital city. According to the draft, 60% of the personal income taxes taken should stay in the capital city, and the other 40% should be allocated to the state budget. Such distribution is now valid for all other cities in the country As for the capital, the balance is shifted towards the state budget because many firms from the regions transfer their legal addresses there or have their headquarters in Kyiv.
On September 4, Honcharuk’s Cabinet decided to dismiss Vitali Klitschko as chairman of Kyiv City State Administration. On October 7, Oleksandr Tkachenko officially submitted his declaration for this position.